So with effect from September 2019, a long-term 5 year Indian Tourist Visa (India e-Visa) is now available to foreign tourists who desire to visit India multiple times in a span of 5 years.
An e-Tourist Visa is now available in following categories:
e-Tourist Visa 30 days: Double entry visa valid for 30 days from date of entry in India.
e-Tourist Visa for 1 Year (or 365 days): Multiple entry visa valid for 365 days from date of grant of e-Visa.
e-Tourist Visa for 5 Years (or 60 months): Multiple entry visa valid for valid for 5 years from date of grant of e-Visa.
All visas mentioned above are non-extendable and non-convertible. If you have applied and paid for a 1 year Tourist Visa, then you cannot convert or upgrade that to a URGENT EMERGENCY INDIAN VISA.
5 Year e-Tourist Visa Stay Notice
- Continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days for any nationality, except citizens of USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
- For passport holders of United States, UK, Canada and Japan the continuous stay during each entry shall not exceed 180 days.
5 year e-Tourist Visa is usually issued with 96 hours. However it is advisable to apply 7 days in advance of your flight
What can 5 Year e-Tourist Visa be used for?
India e-tourist visa is granted to those who intend to travel to India for 1 or more of following reasons:
- Trip is for recreation or sightseeing
- Trip is for visiting friends, family or relatives
- Trip is to attend short term yoga programme
Read more about Tourist e-Visa for India
What are essential requirements to obtain 5 year e-Tourist Visa?
The essential requirements for 5 year India e-Tourist Visa are:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of first arrival in India.
- An Email ID.
- A valid method for payment like a debit card / credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex etc), UnionPay or a Paypal Account.
Click here to learn about Indian e-Visa Documents Requirements.