Greece To India Travel Visa Requirements
According to the Covid-19 testing methodology, Indian Visa for Greek Citizens nationals and residents can now enter the country as a preventative step against the pandemic, according to the Global Visa Center World (GVCW).
Greece’s nationals now have more opportunities than ever to go to India thanks to the eVisa. Greece passport holders may easily apply for an Indian eVisa online without having to travel to an embassy or consulate in person or wait in line at the airport. The eVisa for India is valid for travel, business, and short-term medical treatment in addition to visiting relatives and friends.
Greek visitors must fulfill all conditions for the type of eVisa they need to enter India.
According to the Tourism Ministry of India, the number of Greek travelers visiting India is supposed to go up in the upcoming years. The tourism Ministry also intends to polish its options for luxury tourism to attract high-spending Greek travelers. At the same time, India’s extremely rich culture and heritage fall among the top attractions for Greek visitors. Keep reading our article to find out more about the Indian eVisa requirements for Greek citizens.
You require India e-Tourist Visa (eVisa India or Indian Visa Online) to witness the amazing places and experiences as a foreign tourist in India. Alternatively, you could be visiting India on an India e-Business Visa and want to do some recreation and sightseeing in northern India and the foothills of the Himalayas. The Indian Immigration Authority encourages visitors to India to apply for Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa) rather than visiting Indian Consulate or Indian Embassy.
Do Holders of Greek Passports Require A Visa To Enter India?
Indian entry requires a visa for nationals of Greece. Greek nationals must apply for the necessary eVisa before leaving Greece because they can no longer get an India visa on arrival.
- It should be emphasized that each passenger needs their own eVisa.
- Greek families traveling to India with kids need to submit a separate visa application for each child.
- A maximum of two (2) e-Visas from Greece may be requested in a single calendar year.
What Papers Are Required for Greeks To Get An Indian Visa?
Greek visitors must have a passport that will be valid for at least six (6) months after their date of arrival in India to be issued a visa. A minimum of two (2) blank pages in the passport are required for the arrival and departure stamps.
Additional conditions for Greek nationals include:
- A ticket for a subsequent journey or a return flight to Indian Visa for Israeli Citizens
- Enough money to pay the total cost of your stay in India
- A debit or credit card to cover the costs of the Indian eVisa
- An active email address where correspondence and the authorized visa will be delivered.
Rajasthan tourism and Indian Railways have set into place a luxury train that brings together the past and the present. The Palace on Wheels lives up to its name – when you get on board the train, you are guaranteed to feel no less than royalty. Learn more – The Palace on Wheels: Tourist Guide Exploring Rajasthan
What are the Different Types of Greek Citizens’ India e-Visa?
Greek nationals can get any of the three (3) categories of Indian eVisa. It is crucial for Greeks to file for a visa that matches their intended purpose of travel.
While all holders of Greek passports, regardless of their reason for traveling to India, must fulfill the condition, each eVisa subclass has its own particular requirements.
The India e-Tourist Visa: Required for Travel And For Visiting Friends And Relatives:
- The e-Tourist visa is required for Greek nationals traveling to India for leisure, whether they are taking part in tourist activities or just visiting family and friends. This kind of eVisa is recommended for anyone traveling to India for a yoga or health retreat.
- A tourist eVisa for India is valid for 365 days after the date of issuance.
- With a tourist eVisa and a multiple-entry permit, Greek passport holders may remain in India for up to 90 days.
The India e-Business Visa: Available for A Variety Of Business Purposes:
- Greek nationals are permitted to engage in a variety of activities with an India e-Business visa, including sales and commerce, attending business meetings, and taking part in exhibits and trade shows.
- This permit has a 365-day validity term, just like the e-Tourist visa does.
- 180 days are allotted to Greek business travelers each year, which they may utilize all at once or spread out over numerous visits.
Anyone applying for an e-Business visa must additionally meet the following conditions in addition to the normal ones:
- A business card or letter of introduction.
The Indian e-Medical Visa: For Urgent Medical Care:
- Greek nationals must file for the e-Medical Visa for India if they need medical care in that country.
- This travel document is triple entry, has a shorter validity term of 120 days from the date of issue, and permits a maximum stay of 60 days.
Greek nationals must fulfill the primary entry requirements and provide in order to be granted an Indian e-Medical visa.
- A note from a hospital in India.
- Details about the Indian facility where the medical therapy will be provided
Only the patient will be awarded this form of eVisa; family members who are traveling with them should instead apply for the India medical attendant visa.
How Do Greek Citizens Apply for Visas to India?
Greek nationals must submit the Indian eVisa application form to receive any of the aforementioned permissions. The following details from the passport must also be provided:
Whole name as it is listed in the passport
- Birthdate and nation of birth
- Port and anticipated arrival date
- Nationality, issuance date, and expiration date of the passport
- Regardless of the type of eVisa needed, supporting papers must also be supplied.
- After filling out the application, a debit or credit card is used to pay the visa costs.
How Long Does It Take for Greece To Provide An Indian Visa?
The Indian eVisa application may be finished within an hour, but it must be carefully filled out because any errors could result in delays or even refusal. It is advisable for applicants to apply for the visa four business days before departing for India from Greece.
Upon approval, an eVisa is immediately delivered to the traveler’s email address, where it may be printed and presented at the airport together with a current passport.
Indian visas are required for most foreigners, regardless of the length of their stay or the purpose of their visit.Whether it is for visiting India for any specific purpose or even passing through India for transit, majority of travellers will need an Indian visa, en route to another destination. Learn more at Complete Guide to Understanding Indian Transit Visa.
What Are the Evisa India Authorized Entry Points?
After receiving an electronic visa, a visitor may visit India at any of the 29 authorized airports or 5 seaports. Visitors may, however, depart through any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts located all around the country (ICPs).
Anyone looking to enter India through land checkpoints is advised to contact the nearest Indian embassy or consulate since utilizing an eVisa for this purpose is not allowed. A new kind of visa would therefore be required for visitors from Greece.