Information We Collect
When you visit Vents Journal, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your name and email address.
Use of Information
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the information you provide when subscribing to our newsletter to send you email newsletters about our latest news and blog posts.
Sharing Your Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties, except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as email service providers, analytics providers, and web hosting providers.
- We may share your information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- We may share your information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes.
- We may share your information if we believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Changes to This Policy